Saturday, February 6, 2010

I AM A KID ON STREET

A frequent wanderer
A pocket full of dreams
An interface with atrocities
Eyes full of hope
Refreshing smiles to greet
I am a kid on street..

Strident black roads
Lay rude and straight
Instill a solidarity
In every gesture and gait
Proud survivour of the concrete
I am a kid on street..

Layers of filth on our face
Is a delusion for most
As they make no efforts
To know us or embrace
Basking the harsh sun heat
I am a kid on street..

Those little palms we extend
Are dropped in coins,do get addressed
These need a firm grasp
A better remedy instead
Wearing pride up my sleeve
No budge,no retreat
I am a kid on street!!

5 comments:

  1. I am too a kid on street :)...wonderfully written anjali!..u must blog regularly.it's very nice to go thru ur words n thoughts.will wait for the next post frm this promisin writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks much for a comment drenched with motivation Chhavi..was Cerelac for an infant blogger:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha.my pleasure, cutest infant :) love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. poetry isnt m cuppa of coffee but last para acha, baaki padha nai ;)
    carry on... gud wrk !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gud piece of work.... never knew dat u cud write such gud poems too....
    nd dat xplains ur state of mind as well.....my innocent sweet lill poet...
    keep up d gud work... :)

    ReplyDelete